Digital Group HAM board?
John Crane
2024-02-06 04:00:47 UTC
Though not technically CP/M; I recently acquired a HAM board for my Z-80
digital group system. Excellent condition, but I can't find any docs
for it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-J
Dennis Boone
2024-02-06 15:16:08 UTC
Post by John Crane
Though not technically CP/M; I recently acquired a HAM board for my Z-80
digital group system. Excellent condition, but I can't find any docs
for it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Would be neat to see photos!

De
Dennis Boone
2024-02-06 15:23:01 UTC
Post by John Crane
Though not technically CP/M; I recently acquired a HAM board for my Z-80
digital group system. Excellent condition, but I can't find any docs
for it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Herb Johnson appears to have a paper manual:

https://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/digital_crompton.txt

De
John Crane
2024-02-06 17:11:25 UTC
Post by Dennis Boone
Post by John Crane
Though not technically CP/M; I recently acquired a HAM board for my Z-80
digital group system. Excellent condition, but I can't find any docs
for it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
https://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/digital_crompton.txt
De
Hard to tell if it's really a DG manual or something else.
Hard to tell much of anything on that site.
I do know other manufacturers were making Ham interface cards at the time.

I recall I did buy some manuals from Herb in the past (maybe late 20th
century) before I went all digital. Nice to see he's still around.

Overall, the DG system is progressing nicely.
I have the quad Phi-Deck, the Vortrax, and now the Ham card.
And the nice metal cases too, clean and unmarked.

-J