Oldie but goodie: 1"x1" CP/M system
Add Reply
Zach Metzinger
2024-06-27 13:52:12 UTC
Built years ago by a friend of mine for the HaD one-inch-square contest:

https://hackaday.io/project/161496-cpm-50-mk-ii

--- Zach
pH
2024-07-04 01:03:25 UTC
Post by Zach Metzinger
https://hackaday.io/project/161496-cpm-50-mk-ii
--- Zach
Good Grief!

This makes the Ampro Little Board (which fit atop a 5-1/4 inch disk drive
look gargantuan.

And it's *50Mhz*!. Sigh. I *still* love cp/m even though it's a lost
cause.

Once I realized that my beloved WordStar and CBASIC required overlays to do
their magic I finally had to agree that 64K was not really enough....

cp/m lives on for me, though, in the Joe editor for Linux in the jstar
incarnation.

I think SuperCalc was the spreadsheet for cp/m but I've never used
spreadsheets...

thanks for this link.

pH in Aptos, CA
Jack Strangio
2024-07-04 20:18:16 UTC
Post by pH
cp/m lives on for me, though, in the Joe editor for Linux in the jstar
incarnation.
Yeah. I was imprinted with WordStar in the mid 1980s. I've used it ever
since, both when I use it onCP/M for programming and also on Linux with
jstar. I even renamed 'jstar' to 'ws'.

One of my first tasks with a new install is to install 'joe' and then
to run 'fix.joe':

#!/bin/bash
# jvs script 2009
#
#changes joe's jstar options to ws
#
cd /usr/bin
sudo cp joe ws
cd /etc/joe
sudo cp jstarrc wsrc
# fixes crontab editorrc (for root) to be same as jstar
mv editorrc editorrc.000
ln -s jstarrc editorrc

Regards,

Jack
--
My Wife told me to take the spider out instead of killing him.

Went out. Had a few drinks. Nice guy. He's a web designer.
pH
2024-07-10 00:27:37 UTC
Post by Jack Strangio
Post by pH
[...]
Cool.
Yes, that is one of the first things I install after an upgrade.

That and install a bunch of my aliaes and keybindings...C-Y = delete line,
for example.

pH in Aptos